Primary Skill: Bindery
Location: Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Job ID: 52094
Apply for Job >>
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019
Country: United States
Salary Range: $10 - $15
Type of Work: Direct Hire
Work Shift(s): 2nd Shift
1. Mail / Delivery Presort Specialist
Click here to see more details
[More Company Info...]
Direct Mail Production Services
15 Blackstone Valley Place
Lincoln, Rhode Island 02865
Work Site: 15 Blackstone Valley Place, Lincoln, RI 02865
Job Title: Mail Sorter – 2nd shift (4:00 pm – 12:30 am)
Seeking 2nd shift Mail Sorters to work with the Inserter Operators to transfer mail from the high capacity production inserter machine and sort with accuracy and efficiency. Willing to train candidates that are capable of standing for eight hour shifts minimum, ability to handle, flip through, and sort finished mail items and place in mail trays. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Replenish mail trays, sleeves, and mailroom supplies at the inserter.
• Maintain a clean and neat work area.
• Sort mail by zip code order and by postal report.
• Put tray tags on the mail tray for the mail that goes in the tray for the zip code destination.
• Working with the Inserter Operator to make sure the numbers are matching the meter counts.
• Quality check minimum once per tray.
• Sorter is responsible for checking on the belt envelopes are sealed properly.
• Alert Inserter Operator if envelopes are not sealing properly. Operator will than need to check sealer fluid and/or sealer brush.
• Working with Inserter Operator to ensure all customer pulls are taken care of.
• Responsible for initiating checks over $100,000 along with the Inserter Operator.
• Strapping and palletizing trays.
Upon completion of job:
• Shrink wrap pallet.
• Applying correct placard for post office and skid/pallet tags showing work order and pallet number out of how many pallets complete the job (example: pallet 1 of 7).
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Basic Math skills required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.